Monday 11 March 2019

Time-management 11/03/19


Last week I did the collaboration project with students from Massachusetts Collage of Art and Design (MassArt), therefore I did not complete my weekly time management evaluation. However, last week was very successful and productive as not only do I have now a completed external collaborative project, but I also completed and submitted the 'Wonder' book cover design for the Penguin Design Award competition. The outcome for the collaboration with MassArt I am very happy with, and will definitely be submitting it as part of my 10 briefs, as well as the Penguin book cover design. Looking ahead into my time plan, I had decided to drop the YCN competition brief. This is because the deadline for it is next week, and I had not even started it. Also, I had been thinking about this brief for quite a while thinking whether it was something that I will actually benefit from. The brief asked to design a second life for the iconic London black cabs. Although initially this brief sounded very interesting to me, after reflecting upon it I realised that it was more product design associated than graphic design. As I am building up my 10 briefs for submission, I am realising that my design style is more surrounding print media, and doing a brief which was more about product design would neither fit into my portfolio, nor be of much design skills development to me. Another reason I have decided to drop the YCN brief is that this week we are doing the 'It's Nice That' brief/workshop, which I heard will be a lot more hand on and analogue focused. This is something that is a lot more beneficial and interesting to me. This week as a whole I will be focusing on the L6 Photography branding for Victoria Kathryn. I have hand the brief on hold for the past couple of weeks as I was working on other projects that had tighter deadlines. I am very close to completion with this brief, and will mostly spend this week polishing it off and producing/mocking it up. Once again, I will attempt to find some time to complete blogs and design boards for the now 8 projects who have their design completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment