Monday 25 March 2019

Time-management 25/03/19


Last week I completed the It's Nice That/Anyways brief, so now I have 9 in total completed and 1 almost completed. I am 100% set on 2 more briefs I want to do, which will bring my total to 12 briefs. Out of those 12, there is only 9 I think I will want to submit. I will have to see how my time management works out, however, if I do not have time to complete another brief I am happy with,  I will only submit 9. I would rather submit 9 briefs I am really happy and confident in, than submit any of the others I have done but am not proud of. I feel good that I have the choice to pick and choose between the briefs I've done which ones I want to submit, because it makes me feel more at ease that I will submit good and quality work, rather than submit work just for the quantity's sake. This week I will definitely be finishing the mail pack that is part of Victoria's photography branding. This project has been in the background for quite a while, and only ever so slightly moving forward each week as I had been busy completing other projects with tighter deadlines. However, now the final deadline for this brief is the 1st of April when Victoria has to present her branding, so I will focus 100% on finishing that this week, including the production of her mail pack, or at least a nice mock up. Amongst all these workshops and collaborative briefs I had been doing lately, I completely neglected the Left Bank Opera promotional design live brief I wanted to do. The deadline for this brief was today, 25th March. Although this brief looked quite illustration focus and was something I wanted to do, I am not too sad about not doing it because in the meantime I had been getting on with even more exciting projects. I've also decided to drop this brief completely so that I could put my focus on my next and more important brief, the research brief. As well as finishing Victoria's photography branding, I will start to slowly gather the research surrounding my chosen topic of Lithuanian history/culture/folklore. I am not yet sure which direction the brief will go in, but I simply want to research more into my own heritage and roots and hopefully end up with a design project that I will enjoy and be able to put my personality into.

No comments:

Post a Comment