Friday 27 January 2017

OBJECT - Initial Design Ideas and Crit Feedback

 

 

The first idea was to create sheet music using the 'graphic musical scores' I had developed during my research stage. The purpose was to visually communicate the 'Batteries Not Included' theme song. I would have looked further into the works of Cornelius Cardew and Gyorgy Ligeti, as well as the visual language of legitimate sheet music to aid my design process.



The second idea was also based on the 'Batteries Not Included' Theme song. I would have designed a series of limited edition soundtrack CD covers for the film. I would have used the designs from my research into the song to create unique covers, that still held a sense of uniformity and created a series of 'collectables'.

The third idea was to create a new brand/concept of battery packaging that reflected positive human emotions. From my research I had learnt that most people do not pay much attention to their battery brand, and that in general battery packaging is unnoticeable and boring. The packaging would have different colours for different emotions, and would be sold as either standard use batteries or gimmicky gifts.

Crit Feedback:
- Second idea sounds too boring, and not as well though out.
- The emotional battery packaging idea is the strongest.
- Think about the production and distribution of the product.
- Make a physical 3D mock up.
- Decide on whether they would be for standard use or as gimmicky gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment