Thursday 8 March 2018

505 SB1 - Micro-genres: 3D Spray Can Mock-Ups/Experiments

First attempt at applying label design:

 

The cap pushed the paper down and crumbled it,
which was something that ruined the can design when
the cap was off. Therefore I knew that the size of the
paper needed adjustment so that did not happen.


The designs overlapped at the back, which was something that 
I did not want, therefore I knew the scaling of the design on the 
label needed adjustment.
 









Second attempt at applying label design:

Having made the scale of the drawing smaller on the label design
I was able to make the whole design fit and not overlap.
 

 

Having made the size of the label smaller, I was able to make
sure that the cap would not interfere with the paper when it put on
my having the paper fit into the dent at the top of the spray can.
This, however, made the paper crumple and looked unprofessional.
 

 

Wanting to avoid the crumpling paper within the dent, I tried once
more to make the paper fit into the dent, however, again it crumpled
in an unattractive and unprofessional way. I realised that if I wanted 
make the cap fit on cleanly with my design stuck on, I would have to
find a different way to do so.
 










Third attempt at applying label design:

The designs have now lined up perfectly, allowing enough room for both
to be see clearly and to fill most of the area available also.


To avoid having to fit the paper into the dent, or to have the cap crush it, I found that by having the paper
allow the cap to slide and lock into place around it was the best and most aesthetically and practically clean method. This proved successful. The only issue that prevented this application being the final one was that the label design did not stick 
together in a straight perfect manner, which was very noticeable.



No comments:

Post a Comment