Sunday 14 May 2017

Studio Brief 4: Packaging and Stock Research

I had already decided what format of packaging I would be using for this project. However, I wanted to look closer into what design features were present within the labels, what materials/stock was used to create the packagings, and how it was put together.




To do this, I looked at the packaging that came with the objects/toys I had already purchased for the project. I found that important design features that were present in both of these labels were: bright colours, bar code, quantity of product, CE and Recycling icon, warning labels, instructions, and a hole to hang the product with. I found that the material/stock that was used was used for the label was cardboard or thick card, with clean digital print on the front, and plain/clear stock on the back.




I found that the material/stock used for holding the content of the product was plastic bags. 
The way that the packaging was put together was with the use of staples, attached with the two sides of the cardboard and the plastic bag between it. I also found that to allow just two staples to hold everything together, the label has a specific design The label has the front and back joined at the top, to allow the bottom to hug the plastic bag, and the staples to attach them all together. 

Thinking ahead to the materials I will use within the production of my product, I looked into materials/stock that was available and affordable for me. For the bag to contain the products within, I decided to also use plastic, as that was the cheapest option, as well as allowing a transparent element that would aloo the audience to see the product. For the label, I looked into getting cardboard or thick card, and came across rainbow coloured card. I thought that this would be appropriate to use as it perfectly communicates cheap product packaging, as well as creates a playful and fun atmosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment