Friday 20 October 2017

'Lloyds No.1 Bar' Final Design Peer Feedback

The layout at the moment is a binded format, do you think this is effective or should I change it to be a series of removable posters?
- I like the idea of removable posters.
- I also like the idea of removable posters.
- Removable posters.

For the production, the cover will look 'fancy', should the cover have the title written or laser cut and stuck on?



- For the cover, you could write the font, but maybe look at a different style of font, since this is meant to be humorous.
- The front cover should be the same style, why 'fancy'?
- Definitely keep going with the handwritten style as it fits with the content inside and appeals to the market you're probably targeting.
- I think handwrite but using a serif font instead of a script style. You could foil the front cover similar to the handwritten example.
-Prefer the written title on the cover, could you look at foiling or embossing?

Any other suggestions/feedback?
- I love the had written type throughout and the illustrative style. It portrays the humour well!
- On the body text pages, the text could be arranged in a more interesting way to match the content that it is describing. Typesetting.
- Remove hyphenation in text. Why that typeface? Maybe use the typefaces used in their menus?
- Really nice, I'd make the cover the same style as the inside though.
- I don't really understand why the cover is meant to be 'fancy', this doesn't link to the style of the rest of the book.
- It would be nice if the style you've done on the body text pages was the same as the other one as it is quite boring at the moment.
- Maybe try and fill the space a bit more. Love the humour element!
- Really like the handwritten style posters, and the humour of them.
- Could you add more to the other pages? Theres a lot of open/empty space.

Response:
From my feedback it is clear that having the publication incorporate removable posters would be most effective, therefore I will possibly score the pages so that they can be ripped off or create some other form or temporary binding for the pages/posters.
During the feedback questions I made the mistake of not explaining why I was thinking of having the outside cover production to be 'fancy'. This is because from my primary research further back in the project, a lot of the feedback about what people loved and hated about Wetherspoon stated that they liked how they were always inside really nice and fancy buildings, which is a shame as Wetherspoon is not a 'really nice' or 'fancy' place to eat or drink, rather more casual and somewhat cheesy. Because of this I though that having the outside cover produced in a very formal and 'fancy' way would be a very interesting juxtaposition to the 'bad' design and content of the inside. This would be appropriate as it would not only represent the content and the business itself, but also the opinions of the target audience.
For the title, a lot of the feedback suggested that it should be written rather than laser cut and stuck on. This may be due to the poor quality of my rough example of the laser cut letters, however, I also believe that it is to do with the fact that laser cut letters would not have as delicate and 'fancy' feel to the cover. Therefore, I will be handwriting the title on the cover. I will also do so in the same style of handwritten custom type as is done on the inside of the publication. This is because if I were to use a different font or style of lettering I would lose cohesiveness with the rest of the publication. However, if I were to do the same style handwritten lettering, and do it in gold pen as shown in the examples, I would still maintain the aim of having it look 'fancy' but also it would be cohesive with the inside of the publication.



No comments:

Post a Comment